- Now we know why Luke Kuechly didn’t play in the Pro Bowl.
- Kuechly recently underwent a procedure on his right shoulder, according to sources.
- Kuechly, who won the Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award on Feb. 3 in Minneapolis, skipped last month’s Pro Bowl because of an unspecified injury.
- His shoulder issue popped up on the injury report late in the season.
- Kuechly played every defensive rep against the Packers, and didn’t miss a defensive snap the rest of the season.
- Kuechly became the first player in Panthers history to record at least 100 tackles – based on coaches’ film review – in each of his first six seasons.
- Kuechly, 26, is the second defensive starter to undergo shoulder surgery in recent days.