- ALLEN PARK – Running backs are supposed to wear down over time.
- The Detroit Lions running back adopted a vegan diet last offseason, and says he felt an unmistakable difference as he navigated the tough life of an NFL running back.
- Riddick indeed played all 16 games last year, just one season after he was held to 10 because of assorted injuries, including double wrist issues that forced him to undergo surgery.
- He struggled on the ground, just like everybody else who gave it a go in the Lions offense last year, rushing 84 times for 286 yards.
- The Lions have already cut Tion Green from the mix, but still have Ameer Abdullah, Zach Zenner and Dwayne Washington under contract too.
- That’s seven total backs jockeying for four or five spots, an no returner is safe.
- If the Lions can afford him, Riddick’s job is almost certainly safe.